It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm
All times are UTC

False registrations and spammers

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]

Offline newimperium

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:11 pm   Post subject: False registrations and spammers   

The other day I logged on to the board and found strange ads posted on the Fiction forum! These were by users with random usernames, and I was very upset to discover this happening. It didn't even look like someone actually did it, more likely a hacking program. I don't understand how they were able to do it or why they would choose this humble little board.

Anyway, I have taken steps to make it harder for these spammers to join the board, and now all registrations must be approved by the admin. However I am still getting several false registration requests per day. If this keeps up, I may have to disable registrations entirely for now and request that new members e-mail me to request to join.

- Josh
Top Profile 

Offline newimperium

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:23 pm   Post subject: Re: False registrations and spammers   

The false registrations seem to have been stopped. I think I got rid of it. If you are legitimately trying to join this board and are having problems, please send me an e-mail. How? Go back to the regular http://www.newimperium.org website and click the link "Contact the writers". Send me an e-mail and I'll help you join!
Top Profile 
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]