It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm
All times are UTC

Bye bye my trusted laptop...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]

Offline newimperium

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:27 am   Post subject: Bye bye my trusted laptop...   

Well, I've hit a bit of a snag here, guys... My trusty Sony VAIO laptop I've been using for over 3 1/2 years has apparently, finally passed on. Just sitting there normally and out of the corner of my eye comes the "blue screen of death". Hasn't come on fully since. Fortunately I had backed up everything NI-related, most of my mp3s and my irreplaceable photos just before it happened... I did lose some programs that I can't get back, such as photoshop, final draft, sony vegas; some videos, old documents, and I had just started "Destiny" (but had only written the sequence of events so not too bad). I have since purchased an external hard drive (Western Digital Passport Elite) to help protect in case of future problems... (working off my main desktop now).

Guess I am in the market for a new laptop. I'm partial to the VAIOs since I've been using one for nearly four years. Any suggestions though?
Top Profile 

Offline newimperium

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:53 am   Post subject: Re: Bye bye my trusted laptop...   

Well... This is a little late in posting... Actually I bought a new laptop a few weeks ago. Turns out that same weekend after my old laptop went down, there was a tax-free weekend here in NC for new PCs, clothing and school supplies. So we went down to Best Buy and found a nice new VAIO on sale for $150 less than retail, so we knew it was the perfect time. Ended up with a VAIO FW series which has just came out, and has a distinctive wave-inspired design. Here are a couple of pics:
Attachment:
landingpage_fw_side.jpg
landingpage_fw_side.jpg [ 18.55 KB | Viewed 8154 times ]

I'll be back to writing soon I hope! Still going through some brainstorming for Destiny, the next story. Taking a bit longer than I expected. Rex and I have been collaborating on some new ideas that will revolutionize the plotline to come, so stay tuned!

Attachments:
fw_side_view.jpg
fw_side_view.jpg [ 40.58 KB | Viewed 8212 times ]
Top Profile 
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]