It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am
All times are UTC

Upon My Death - Discussion

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]

Offline J.Akins

Writer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:14 am   Post subject: Upon My Death - Discussion   

Yo, 'Sup?

I'm in the process of writing Upon My Death and I'm looking for a little supporting information. One of the challenges is that I'm writing in the past (from our current perspective) being somewhere around 13 years 3 months ABY. By comparison, I'm showing Harbinger at 13 years 6 months.

Right now I'm looking for a planet in the Varnus Quadrant that is not under AD control, but is close enough to the front lines that it is becoming something of a ghost town. It needs to be fairly earth-like (I picture a more arid, desert like environment, but it doesn't have to be). We need enough industrialization to support a decent city around the spaceport, but I'm not looking for a great metropolis. What do we have that fits the bill?

I've looked at the sector map, but I'm not sure where it would have stood in 13y3m.

Thanks
Top Profile 

Offline newimperium

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:21 am   Post subject: Re: Upon My Death - Discussion   

I like having separate discussion topics for each story in progress... I'll start posting segments of "Fading Glory" soon too once I get them ready...

Hmm... Let's see. As of Harbinger, the AD really haven't conquered any systems except for the Satyr System. A pity, since it's small and arid and would have been great. But other possibilities include Laan in the Talas System, an arid world (but the people live on tall mesas that stretch above the clouds), or maybe Epsilon Eridani in the Eridani System, which we haven't really been to or seen before until now. That would probably be a good candidate and let you supply more details on the planet as you go. Alternatively, Jengar is also a possibility, as is the Pax System, though the worlds there aren't really arid.

I'll try to post some more thoughts on the story itself a bit later.

Peace out,
Josh
Top Profile 

Offline J.A.

Kodonn'Dakor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:35 am   Post subject: Re: Upon My Death - Discussion   

Hey can you write a story summary of this story so I can put it on the main page? Thanks!
Top Profile 

Offline J.Akins

Writer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Upon My Death - Discussion   

Sorry for the delay. I'm just getting my system back together after a bad virus attack (good thing I backed up my files). I'll get that summary to you soon.
Top Profile 

Offline J.Akins

Writer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:32 am   Post subject: Re: Upon My Death - Discussion   

Icis Novitaar, the Traveler, has lived for over 5,000 years as an immortal. Now, following the events of Traveler on Trial, he has been stripped of both his immortality and his power in the Force. Sensing weakness, other interests within Icis's own shadow organization have begun to vie for control of the Traveler's empire. Will Icis be able to stand down the threats from within his own organization? Will he even survive? Find out who will claim the inheritance in: UPON MY DEATH - The Last Will and Testament of Icis Novitaar.
Top Profile 

Offline J.A.

Kodonn'Dakor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:26 am   Post subject: Re: Upon My Death - Discussion   

Thanks! I'll get the summary up on the Library page right away!

- Josh
Top Profile 
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]